St Mary’s Church Ealing is seeking to employ an Assistant Administrator from April 2018 to October 2018 (six months) with a possible extension to March 2019, to provide maternity cover.
Hours of work through to the end of August will be 8 hours per week and, from the beginning of September 20 hours per week.
Days and times of employment are to be agreed in conjunction with the Vicar and Church Administrator and will include some evening working. The post holder will be required to:
• Open the office, answer the phone and speak to anyone who comes into the office/church.
• Take details and pass messages to the Administrator or Vicar as appropriate.
• Deal with any practical issues around bookings, toilets and kitchens.
• Handle basic administration tasks requested by the Administrator or Vicar on the computer or photocopier.
• Assist the Administrator in the preparation of notice sheets and other material used by the church.
• Be present whilst outside organisations are using the church, check that everything is satisfactorily cleared up and lock up after they have finished.
We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as a member of our team and to deal effectively with a wide range of people including visitors, church and Polygon users, staff and volunteers.
Good computer skills especially in MS Outlook and Office are essential, and a knowledge of and ability to use social media is desirable.
For more information please contact the church office on 020 8579 7134 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications by CV and covering letter please, to the church office before 9 April 2018.