It is great to be back worshipping God again as a whole church family in one service in the large, spacious and airy church of St. Mary’s.
How does this work?
- Live Streaming of the Service will continue for the foreseeable future.
- The pews will remain spread out as in previous weeks. We ask people to sit where they like but please leave a one-person space between yourself or your family group and other church members (Approx 1m).
- The gallery will be open and anyone wishing to go up into the gallery is welcome to do so. If space is short down stairs we may need to use the gallery.
- The doors everywhere will be open throughout the service for ventilation.
- We will retain the one way in through the Polygon and one way out through the west or north doors.
- Hand sanitiser stations and the check and trace check in, QR code and tick list, will remain in effect and we would be grateful if you would use them.
- Masks will no longer be mandatory. You are welcome not to wear them at all, wear them as you enter and leave the church but remove them when you are seated, or wear them all the time.
- Communion will be continued to be administered as previously with no change.
- We started congregational singing on 15th August.
- I am very pleased to announce that we will be starting up again our evening services from 5th September at 6pm. The first one will be a Taize service.
- We will be having our COSMOS (Children of St. Mary’s on Sunday) Commissioning on 12th September during the morning service. This is followed by a Church BBQ Social over lunchtime.
We all face many challenges but let’s go on serving one another to the glory of God our Father. Grace, mercy and peace to you all.
Pauls says In Romans 12:11 “Do not lag in zeal, be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord.”
Peter says in 1Peter 4:10 “Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received.
Yours in Christ, Steve.